What is Hackathon?
A Hackathon is a collaborative software (or hardware) development meeting or event held over a short period of time. The term combines the words hacker (a restless person, anxious for knowledge. An expert enthusiast, often associated with software, hardware and technology) and marathon (in the sense of a competitive, collective experience with a common goal).
Objetives of the CyberCamp 2017 Hackathon
In the Hackathon of CyberCamp 2017, every team will compete versus other teams to develop and to improve tools, solutions and/or aplications of open cybersecurity code, new or previusly developed, creating new funcionalities, improvements or innovative capacities to the free software choosed.
Participants must challenge themselves to the extreme, collaborate in a team and demonstrate their knowledge of security and their development skills. The best projects will win the competition.
Nowadays Hackathon is a prestigious competition reconized by the cybercomunity. The hope of this edition is to even go further and increase the quality and the utility of the projects developed in the competition.
The contributions done during the Hackathon will provide new capacities for the cibesecurity society, achieving results in a short time. Additionaly, we expect a continuity and a future evolution of the contributions and tools developed. ''Hackathon should be only the beggining...''
What's more, the Hackathon has the following objectives and benefits:
- Identification of talent and technical and creative skills of the participants.
- Educational environment (teaching and learning) for the improvement of investigation skills and software development.
- An environment that facilitates the development of social skills, promoting collaboration, teamwork and networking.
- Development of skills and experience of a competitive environment.
- A recreational setting that promotes enjoyment and entertainment.
What's new in the Hackathon 2017
This year, as novelty, the teams will have the possibility to compete with more developed projects. They can work in projects previously developed by themselves, and they will expose the projects to the jury and the rest of participants during the initial evaluation of the competition. In the competition, the teams will develop their proposals, and finally they will expose the whole project and the improvements developed.
The final evaluation will consider the value, utility and the developments of the project done during the competition. The jury, the own particiapnts and the competitors will propose what should be done in each project.
The duration will be 3 days during the CyberCamp 2017 event in Santander: It will start the friday 1st of december and will finish the sunday 3rd of december. You can´t miss it!
Displacement and accommodation
The organitation will provide the displacement and the accomodation for every integrating of the project teams selected to compete in the Hackathon CyberCamp2017.
The best teams will obtain the following technologic awards:
- First prize: a professional tablet for every member of the winning team.
- Second prize: a next generation tablet for every member of the team in second place.
- Third prize: a next generation smartwatch for every member of the team in third place.
In addition, this year a special special mention will be given to the best classified project presented entirely by students a Raspberry Pi kit device for each of the members of the project team.
¡THE HACKATHON OF CYBERCAMP 2017 ALREADY HAVE WINNERS!
After 3 days of intense competition, hours without sleep and hard work, we can already announce who has been awarded this year. We congratulate Ontic, Mupadmex Crew y Return0.
Next, you will see the final ranking of the winners along with the name of the tool and its repository:
- FIRST: Ontic (RFMap) - https://github.com/onticsoluciones/RFMap
- SECOND: Mupadmex Crew (Maltrail) - https://github.com/cybercamp17-mupadmexcrew/maltrail
- THIRD: Return0 (Droid Sentinel) - https://github.com/ borjalor/droidsentinel
SPECIAL MENTION TO THE BEST CLASSIFIED STUDENT TEAM: Mupadmex Crew (Maltrail) - https://github.com/cybercamp17-mupadmexcrew/maltrail
The rest of the classification is the following:
- 4º.- Malware Scanner (Malware Scanner) - https://github.com/sfaci/masc
- 5º.- CyberWatcher (CyberWatcher) - https://github.com/cyberwatcher17/cyberwatcher
- 6º.- Follow the White Rabbit (Harvey Unchained) - https://github.com/alvarodh5/harvey_unchained
- 7º.- MontseHack (JustChaCha) - https://github.com/montsehack/justchacha
- 8º.- PsaCrypt (Secured Hash) - https://github.com/PsaCrypt/Secured-Hash
- 9º.- Trojan (Toth – Transport Oriented to Hive) - https://github.com/sawyer13/toth
From the organization of the Hackathon we want to thank all the participants for your presence, dedication and sportsmanship. It has been a real pleasure to share these days with you.
See you at Hackathon 2018!
To choose the best teams, we have an expert jury:
- Vicente Aguilera (@VAguileraDiaz, Director of Internet Security Auditors).
- José Selvi (@joseselvi, author of Delorean - Prosegur Cybersecurity).
- Raúl Siles (@raulsiles, Dinosec founder and senior security analyst).
- Daniel García [cr0hn] (@ggdaniel, Security researcher + SecDevOps - Innovation Lab BBVA)
- Carolina Gómez (@Sh3llCON organization)
- Oscar García (Development technician - @INCIBE)
The following proposals have been selected for participation in CyberCamp Hackathon 2017. The name of the team is indicated by alphabetical order and, in parentheses, the name of the proposed tool:
- CyberWatcher (CyberWatcher)
- Follow the white rabbit (Harvey Unchained)
- Malware Scanner (Malware Scanner)
- MontseHack (JustChaCha)
- Mupadmex Crew (Maltrail)
- Ontic (RFMap)
- PsaCrypt (Secured-Hash)
- Return0 (DroidSentinel)
- Trojan (Toth – Transport Oriented to Hive)
- 1 - Ontic (RFMap) : 93,428 points.
- 2 - Mupadmex Crew (Maltrail): 88,715 points.
- 3 - Return0 (DroidSentinel): 83,872 points.
- 4 - Malware Scanner (Malware Scanner): 81,182 points.
- 5 - CyberWatcher (CyberWatcher): 79,913 points.
- 6 - Follow the white rabbit (Harvey Unchained): 78,941 points.
- 7 - MontseHack (JustChaCha): 75,057 points.
- 8 - PsaCrypt (Secured-Hash): 64.264 points.
- 9 - Trojan (Toth – Transport Oriented to Hive): 44,928 points.
Registration and participation
If you have any question, please contact with us via: